Monday, November 16, 2009

Today's comment

I haven't updated this nearly as often as I should, mainly because my internet access is
normally too slow.
Now I'm with Orange Internet Everywhere, so that I can use it when I am en route to my office.
Hah ha ha I should be so lucky.
I use Orange because they are the only company who can give me 3G access without a phone
line.
And I do get 3G, it is amazingly fast until I use up my 5G traffic allowance. This month I
used my whole 5Gb the first morning.
You see, I live 'in the sticks' as they say. No phone, no food no pets.
Well not quite, but really no phone.
No TV. No BRITISH TV, but for the past year I have been able to watch Sky News International.
So I use my internet to download my favourite TV programs, as well as keep in touch with the
world at large, and write my blogs.
The WWW is also a fascinating source of information. I think we all know that. There are
recipes and instructions on how to make things, and advice and other people's opinions, and
news and just everything you ever need. You find things online you didn't know you needed.
But later you can't live without.
So yes I pay a small fortune for an access which most of the time crawls along at a pathetic
speed, but I am quite happy to sit for hours waiting for it.
I can always play Spider Solitaire in the meantime.

It is ironic that when I had a choice of TV programs, ie BBC1 Scotland, BBC2, ITV, Channel 4
etc, I used to only watch the 24 hour News channels.

Now that I have only have 24 hours news channels, I want to see other programs.

If my access was fast enough, I would comment on practically every single news item. Most
are of interest to me.
We all have opinions on news items.
The WWW allows us to share them. Shared opinion is what changes Governments. It is what
changes lives. Now more than ever before, governments listen to what the people want.
They used to listen to opinion polls.
I was never asked to opine in an opinion poll. So I felt I was never part of the system,
never part of anything.
I was a member of a political party for a long time, but even they never listened to me, who
represents the common man on the street.
That sounds whingeing, but I hope to elaborate further in a later blog.
They did and they didn't, put it that way.
But I am nothing special. We all have a say. Our opinions count, even if we don't use Twitter
or whatever the current 'fashion' is.
It amazes me that all the current crop of politicians get quoted on their 'Twitter' commments.
What's that all about?
When Sky News finally comments on what Izzy says on her blog, then I will know I have said
something worth saying.
Like all of us, I have to say a Hell of a lot before I say something worth saying!

Who amongst us haven't had an opinion on something, then changed our minds at a later date, because maybe someone gave us a different viewpoint, or said something that struck a chord.
We all have the right to change our minds, and I want my blog to reflect that.
I may say something one minute, and another the next, and if they contradict each other,
I hope I can say why something should change so drastically and explain why.

I've got a Rant up already about Moslems, and a woman in particular who signed a form giving away her and her childrens' right to life for Islam.

Now I'm not at the moment talking against myself, but today the Services in the UK arrested
more people on an anti-terrorism charge.
And it got me to thinking, there have been one Hell of a lot of plots foiled by the current
anti-terrorist organization. Are they super-clever - like James Bond? Or....
They are getting inside information? That seems more likely. These terrorists guys aren't
likely to be telling James Bond or other whitey people about their plans.They may be
telling other moslems.

Chances are then that the intelligence is coming from moslems. Doesn't make me less frightened of them because I don't know the good guys from the bad guys, but it looks as if there are more 'good guys'than bad guys.
Understand my logic?

OK it may be only one guy goes to the cops on each occasion, but they (the anti-terrorists)
have stopped loads of potential offensives, and it must be different informants each time.
If it's the same informant, the terrorist organisation mustbe a lot smaller than they had
us believe.
That's comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment